To Apply: Please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. (REQUIRED)
Position Summary: Determine the acceptance or rejection of a wide variety of raw materials and assemblies using various types of equipment in conjunction with established procedures, drawings and/or other appropriate ISO documentation. Disposition returned material from customer using various types of equipment in conjunction with established procedures, drawings and/or other appropriate ISO documentation. Also ensure that root-cause analysis, repair and corrective actions are completed on warranty repairs to meet customer requirements.
Position reports to: Director of Quality Management
Essential Functions RMA coordinator:
- Receive and process returned material
- Confirm reason for the return and provide disposition accordingly
- Coordinate with appropriate associate to process upgrades, paid rework and replacements
- Coordinate repair of products still under warranty
- Collect and enter quality data into ACES quality system
- Working with accounting to ensure proper accounting transactions
- Provides product specific data to accounting and quality upon demand
- Works with production to prioritize repairs of RMAs to meet delivery requirements
- Validate that correct documentation is being used in production
- Validate that the product is being built to the correct revision per customer order
- Inspect product for any defects and other non-conformances
- Confirm that the operation sequences are being followed per the router
- Verify that operation steps are properly signed off before products are moved to the next step in production
- Update RMA board in daily basis
- Inspect incoming product using AQL, component drawing and special characteristics
- Collect and enter quality data into ACES incoming Inspection.
- Inspect incoming product based on incoming quality plan.
- Control production when a quality issue is detected, including initiating containment of raw material, WIP and finished goods
Essential Functions Receiving Inspector:
- Perform receiving inspection on raw material per documentation and record results.
- Perform inspections on processes and equipment per documentation and record results.
- Perform in-process inspection on work in progress per documentation and record results.
- Gather and file all certificate of conformances on raw materials incoming
- Gather and file all PCB date lot code testing results, and cross section samples
- Ensure all required documentation is completed in accordance with established procedures prior to conducting an inspection.
- Provide technical support to co-workers, suppliers or customers, including identifying and correcting specific problems.
- Complete all required documentation for units under inspection.
- Maintain, and where required calibrate, equipment used in inspection and manufacturing processes.
- Perform other assignments as required.
- Work under limited supervision.
- No direct reports.
- High school diploma.
- Two year technical degree, will consider applicable experience in lieu of degree
- Two years of related experience preferred.
Licenses, Certifications, etc.:
- IPC-A-610 or acquired within three months after hire
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of electronic components.
- Basic computer skills (Excel & Word).
- Ability to comprehend and use applicable workmanship or other acceptability standards.
- Ability to operate basic equipment used in inspection process.
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize
- Team player/ability to work well with all levels of the organization
- Must be highly self-motivated and be able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent eyesight is a must and should be able to differentiate between colors
- Should have very steady hands
- Good hand-eye coordination is required
- Able to read and interpret prints, schematics, assembly drawings and wire diagrams
- IPC – 610 quality certification is preferred
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Good problem solving ability
- Soldering certificate or a soldering tech class is desirable
Physical Demands (reasonable accommodations may be made, if necessary):
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand – Occasionally 10 lbs or less – Frequently
Walk – Occasionally 11-20 lbs – Occasionally
Sit – Frequently 21-50 lbs – Occasionally
Climb – Occasionally 51-100 lbs – Occasionally
Crawl – N/A Over 100 lbs – N/A
Squat or Kneel – Occasionally
Bend – Occasionally Push / Pull
Fine Manipulation – Frequently 10 lbs or less – Occasionally
Reach Outward – Occasionally 10-20 lbs – Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder – Occasionally 20-50 lbs – Occasionally
Drive – N/A 50-100 lbs – Occasionally
Over 100 lbs – N/A
N/A (Not Applicable) – Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occasionally – Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (.25 – 2.5 hrs/day).
Frequently – Occupation requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5 hrs/day).
Constantly – Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day).
Other Physical Requirements:
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Moderate noise levels.
- Typical light manufacturing environment.