To Apply: Please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com. (REQUIRED)
Position Summary: The Document Management Specialist provides configuration management, data management, and document control of complex electronic products. They administer configuration control in new and existing products as well as process Engineering Change Notices. The Document Management Specialist is also responsible for administering the New Product Introduction, (NPI), process, work instruction creation and maintenance and will on occasion be asked to support the quote department.
Position reports to: VP of Operations
- Maintain master documentation files for customer documentation, revision changes and engineering changes.
- Manage the entry of new items for customer orders.
- Ensure strict compliance to customer product specifications by ensuring that documentation used by manufacturing is correct.
- Facilitate New Product Introduction efforts.
- Assist in training and mentoring new Document Control Specialists.
- Lead ISO procedure efforts for Document Control Department.
- Enter and maintain new item masters, bills of material and routers in the business system.
- Identify and resolve discrepancies on customer supplied documentation (revision issues, missing documents, etc.).
- Record, review and process all customer engineering changes.
- Initiate internal and external engineering changes.
- Redline customer documentation.
- Initiate cost saving activities.
- Provide component substitution support.
- Maintain master component database.
- Provide technical support to Document Control Specialists.
- Perform other assignments as required.
- Work under general supervision.
- No direct reports.
- BS in Science or Engineering with 2-4 years’ experience or Associate Degree in Electronics with 4-6 years of experience as a Component Technician/Engineer with emphasis in document control, engineering practices, MRP and database management.
Licenses, Certifications, etc.: None.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with electronic components and component part numbering required.
- Demonstrable problem solving capabilities.
- Must be able to work effectively with engineers, managers, and production leaders.
- Must have excellent data entry skills.
- Must have proficient interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of CAD software.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Able to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to details.
- Able to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal abilities.
- Proficient in technical writing
- Attention to detail is critical
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings required.
Physical Demands (reasonable accommodations may be made, if necessary):
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
- Stand – Occasionally 10 lbs or less – Occasionally
- Walk – Occasionally 11-20 lbs – N/A
- Sit – Constantly 21-50 lbs – N/A
- Climb –N/A 51-100 lbs – N/A
- Crawl – N/A Over 100 lbs – N/A
- Squat or Kneel – Occasionally
- Bend – Occasionally Push / Pull
- Fine Manipulation – Occasionally 10 lbs or less – Occasionally
- Reach Outward – Occasionally 10-20 lbs – Occasionally
- Reach Above Shoulder – Occasionally 20-50 lbs – N/A
- Drive – N/A 50-100 lbs – N/A
- Over 100 lbs – N/A
N/A (Not Applicable) – Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occasionally – Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (.25 – 2.5 hrs/day).
Frequently – Occupation requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5 hrs/day).
Constantly – Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day).
Other Physical Requirements:
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Moderate noise levels.
- Typical light manufacturing environment.